Wednesday, December 16, 2015

All I Want For Christmas, 2015 Edition ...

Running errands the other day, I found myself behind a woman headed to the same store. As she neared the doors, she noticed an older woman on her way out, using a walker. The woman in front of me opened both doors in an effort to be helpful, but, of course, was then standing in the middle of the open doors, blocking the older woman's way. "I've got this one," I said, and we each stood aside and held a door. The older woman, as adorable as you can imagine, looked at me and then my door buddy, a bit surprised, and said, "Thank you! Thank you very much! Happy holidays to you both!" We wished her happy holidays, too, and everyone went about their ways.

And that is all I want for Christmas, please. More of those simple moments of kindness among strangers, taking a few seconds to extend a hand or a smile or a holiday wish.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home