Monday, May 18, 2015

Testing An Assumption About Wrapping Gifts ...

I love to wrap presents.

I mean, I love to wrap presents.

But I think I am part of a rather small club.

I also love to bake cookies.

But after I published How to Bake a Better Cookie, it dawned on me that maybe most folks don't want to know how to bake a better cookie.

Maybe most folks would rather that someone bake cookies for them. Maybe most folks just want to buy cookies.

Huh.

Well, OK.

So, part of my pondering about whether to write another wee e-book(let) – say, How to Wrap a Prettier Present – includes wondering whether most people want ideas for wrapping or whether they'd rather pay someone at a store.

Do folks not have the time? The inclination? The talent?

I'd love to know. (Be a dear and leave a comment, would you? Thanks.)

The closet off my office contains two boxes of wrapping paper, one all Christmas, and one for assorted occasions. I also have two large drawers devoted to wrapping supplies, one of which contains only large spools of curling ribbon. I'm a bit of a junkie that way.

But lately, I've also started pilfering boxes of sewing notions, left to me by an aunt who passed away many years ago.

And Angelo's the mastermind behind my increased use of twine.

I pulled a few photos to illustrate my points.

Sometimes I get theme-y.


Sometimes, I can't decide on one color of ribbon so I use, you know, like, five.


Sometimes, I opt for curly ombre. Sometimes I feel like something more fluid.


Sometimes, I go simple.


Sometimes, I go flat.


And sometimes, I don't wrap at all.

Labels: , , , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Alison said...

I have a threshold for wrapping gifts. I'm good at two or three of them (but not as good as you are), and then I get all frustrated and sloppy. So yes, if I had a slew of gifts to wrap, I would outsource!

6:11 PM  
Blogger Beth said...

Ah, yes, I have to pace myself around the holidays. But I'm happy to do one-off (or -two or -three) gifts for birthdays or other less gift-intensive occasions.

And thank you for the compliment. I do love to wrap!

6:32 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home