Wednesday, December 11, 2013

I Might Have A Bit Of A Problem ...

I made four double recipes of dough for peppermint sablés.

I baked them off this morning. Three dozen went right out the door, to an event for which I'd offered to bake.

And this is what remained.

And I looked at them and said, "I think I have to bake more."

The "giftable" cookies number just shy of 10 dozen. The "outtakes" cookies – the ones that look like little Kaiser rolls and cookies that are otherwise imperfect – probably add another three dozen to that total. But I don't give away the outtakes, just the giftables.

So I sat down and made a list of the folks who will receive them and decided that another two double batches are in order, just in case.

I think I'm a compulsive baker.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home