Saturday, September 07, 2013

Must-See TV ...

Weird, weird week.

Unpleasantness arrived in several forms, but I was pleased to be able to make my brain make note of the good things, the silver linings, the flip sides.

Not the least of which was that being up for two nights gave me the opportunity to binge on "The Bridge," which had stacked up on my DVR. I'd seen the pilot and was intrigued enough to keep watching ... at some point.

And this was the week.

I like consuming shows in big blocks. I was kind of pissed, actually, when I finished this week's episode and realized that I now have to wait until next week to watch it again.

It's worth your time. Good writing. Interesting characters. Twists you don't see coming.

I was completely hooked on "The Americans," so good on FX for following up with another must-see show.

The broadcast networks might want to pay attention to what's happening on cable, once and for all.

Or not. Whatever.

I don't watch much broadcast TV anymore.

Which is a problem for broadcast TV. But not for me.

3 Comments:

Blogger jim marquis said...

My wife and I love The Bridge, The Americans, Justified and Mad Men. I also watch Hell on Wheels (she's not big on westerns).

I was commenting to her the other day I hadn't seen many commercials for the new shows this fall. She pointed out that it was because other than Under the Dome, we'd hardly watched any network tv this summer.

11:08 PM  
Blogger Beth said...

I have "Under the Dome" stacking up on my DVR, but like you, I watch almost nothing on broadcast TV anymore. I'm sitting here trying to think of anything else. Nothing's springing to mind. But then, I haven't had coffee.

6:18 AM  
Blogger jim marquis said...

I will probably give Agents of SHIELD a shot because I've been a Marvel comics fan for like 50 years...

10:06 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home