Friday, August 30, 2013

Of Horrid Jackasses, Those Who Lack Integrity, And Jerks ...

I have a friend who is very fond of acronyms. She coined a new one today to describe her new boss: HJA.

Which stands for "horrid jackass."

Here's hoping he is not her boss for long.

And I was watching "Holmes On Holmes" very early this morning, because it was on when I woke up on the couch. Someone, in the name of home improvement, had come along and nearly destroyed the foundation of a house.

Here's a thought: If you don't know what you're doing when it comes to construction, stay the hell away from the foundation of a house.

And I am gathering estimates to have my water main replaced – ah, the joys of homeownership! – and I have all but entirely ruled out one plumber already because the guy is a jerk.

He's done some emergency work here before, and in an emergency, I was willing to put up with his jerkishness. But for something slightly more elective (though not at all elective)?

I am really, really, really disinclined to give that much money to a jerk.

Especially when another plumber came by today and he could not have been nicer. And he lives nearby. And he has a new dog. And he wasn't working today, but he stopped by to talk before heading to the links, though why he was going to play golf today of all days is beyond me.

At the moment, he stands a very good chance of winning the bid as his company has a good reputation and he is not a jerk.

See? It doesn't take much to make me happy:

Do good work. Don't be a jerk.

(I'm going to get a third estimate, too, though. I'm confident that man will not be a jerk. He comes highly recommended. So, hopefully, I'll be able to choose between two non-jerks.)

I know that everyone has their bad days. I certainly have my share.

But I have a pretty high degree of confidence that I am not a jerk.

Jerks don't bake cookies for friends and family, right?

Phew. Good. I'm in the clear.

Now if summer would just be on its way, I'll turn on my oven again.

Do something nice for someone today.

I'll do the same.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home