Sunday, May 05, 2013

Jayson Versus Reality ...

The other day, when I was poking around Jayson, I spied a chair that looked nearly identical to a new chair in Angelo's line: scroll back, tufting, interesting finish on the legs. The Jayson chair has more tufting than Angelo's, but Angelo's chair features nailhead detail that the Jayson chair lacks, so in a details match-up, I'd give the edge to Angelo.*

Of course, given that I was in Jayson, I had to look at the price tag.

The Jayson version? $350.

The angelo:HOME version? $140, give or take a few bucks. The price may vary slightly by retailer.

In Angelo's mind, folks can pair various seating elements around a table, not just a set of chairs. But presuming folks will buy a set of six chairs, that works out, not including tax and/or shipping, to:

Jayson: $2,100 ($350 x 6)

angelo:HOME: $840 ($140 x 6)

Oh, and Angelo's chair comes in six colors. Jayson offers one. And if you spill something on the Jayson chair, you need dry-cleaning solvent – because we all have dry-cleaning solvent on hand, right? – to spot clean it. Angelo's fabric repels spills, which, in a dining room, is a pretty good idea.

angelo:HOME on the left, Jayson on the right:



* Yes, I'm biased.


2 Comments:

Blogger angelo said...

Thank You for being an angelo:HOME cheerleader. I may have to find some pom-poms for you. Maybe Vintage French ones for $1,000---Each.

3:30 PM  
Blogger Beth said...

It is absolutely my pleasure.

Gimme an A! Gimme an N ... !

3:35 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home