Friday, April 26, 2013

My Great Idea For A TV Show ...


I cut my grass for the first time this season. (And I put my snow shovel away.)

That is about the depth of my landscaping interest. I may stick a few plants in a few pots depending on my mood in a given year, but beyond that, these thumbs are not green.

That said, as I was mowing today, I spied something I haven't noticed in my yard before.

"Oh, hello," I said. "What are you?"

Some kind of weed, no doubt. But a sweet weed.

So I took a picture of it and as I was downloading it to my computer, I thought, "I should have a TV show called The Entirely Passive Gardener."

I love this idea. I could walk around my yard and just notice things that are growing.

I'm sure it would be a huge hit, and with the money I would earn from the show, I could hire a landscaper to make my yard more presentable. And a gardener to maintain it.

But I'd still cut the grass. Probably. On the nice days.


3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

FYI, your "weed" is called creeping myrtle. My grandmother had creeping myrtle planted to cover a steep bank down to the street in front of her house in Pittsfield, Mass.

3:42 PM  
Blogger Beth said...

Thank you, weed expert!

"Myrtle" is now my favorite word of the day.

4:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Creeping myrtle was the pachysandra of the 1940s (on the East coast, anyway).

6:06 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home