Saturday, March 09, 2013

Really, Jayson? Really? Part V ...

The forecast this morning is "grey." And since coffee is doing nothing to rouse me, I thought why not poke around my favorite online "Are you kidding me with this?" site and see what absurd offerings can be found today?

Let's start with a folding chair. Yes, it's French. Yes, it's "vintage." It has a "unique patina." Unfortunately, it does not appear to be offered with a French, vintage, vinyl-covered folding table with French, vintage cigarette burns, nor did I find any offering of a French, vintage stale ashtray. I guess you'll just have to find those somewhere else.


Vintage Metal Folding Chair - $295

Next, a metal tray. Oh, you guessed it! It's vintage! It's from France! There is no mention of its unique patina, but it has a unique patina, a unique patina that may be a design-forward combination of rust and paint drips. Or maybe the "rust" is just "grime." But the paint drips appear to be very vintage.


Vintage Metal Tray - $295

And finally, a wooden crate. Of course it's vintage. Of course it's from France. Apparently, there is nothing vintage left in France. All of it is at Jayson. But, as a bonus, you can contract tetanus from the rusty nails for free!


Vintage Wood Crate - $60

2 Comments:

Blogger angelo said...

I snorted out loud!
Excellent post and what that the what is up with this stuff?!

2:40 PM  
Blogger Beth said...

Thank you!

Though I do believe that nothing will ever be more absurd than the three-hooved goat lamp for $995 from the first Jayson post. I honestly don't know how the joint stays in business.

Thank you, also, for making angelo:HOME the anti-Jayson.

2:44 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home