Wednesday, November 28, 2012

(Self) Promoted: Editor Seeks Additional Clients ...

I spend a fair amount of time yammering away in cyberspace.

The posts over the next few days will be less about yammering and more about promoting. Myself. Professionally.

There are many answers to the question, "So, Beth, what do you do?"

One of those answers is, "I'm an editor."

I edit involuntarily (we word-minded people can't help ourselves) but I also edit deliberately.

Often, I edit books.

My latest book client is in the writing stage, so for her, for now, I do not edit, I consult.

My most recent book client to publish, Richard Greene of Clarus Advisors, wrote Building Value: The 5 Keys for Achieving Success.

His recommendation of my work on LinkedIn reads:

"Not only did Beth do an excellent job editing the book, but her ideas to make it better were invaluable.

She beat every deadline and provided encouragement when it was most needed. I do not think I could have made a better decision in hiring a professional editor.

If you need an editor, I highly recommend contacting Beth."


And I was honored to be one of the editors of the New York Times' and international best seller The Last Lecture.

My dear – and dearly missed – friend Jeff Zaslow was kind to include me in the Acknowledgements but what he inscribed in my copy of the book truly touches my heart:

"I am completely grateful to you for the advice, editing, cheerleading, and creative input you gave for this book.

I remember being unsure of where this was going and I appreciated your clear-eyed skill at pointing me the right way. This book is better because of you."


Do you have a project that's ready for its close-up, be it a book or article or sales collateral or web site — anything that contains words, really? Or do you know someone who does?

Please do leave a comment or contact me through my web site or share this post on Twitter.

Today, in making an introduction to another author, Richard wrote of me: "She is the right combination of grit and compassion."

I appreciate his assessment. I look forward to demonstrating those qualities to additional clients. Perhaps one of them is you.


2 Comments:

Blogger Douglas Arnold said...

I hope to some day employ your services as my words begin to appear in some intelligible sequence.

10:02 PM  
Blogger Beth said...

I'd be delighted to work with you, Doug.

7:26 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home