Monday, September 10, 2012

Yay, Ribs! ...

I've had a couple of slabs in the freezer and every time I've thought about having them for dinner, it's been late afternoon or early evening.

They take three hours to bake.

Consequently, the ribs have stayed in the freezer.

Until today, when I had the idea to put them on about 1 p.m.

So, yes, they were done about 4 p.m. And yes, I did eat dinner then.

Well, I ate ribs then. Why bother with anything else?

But I hadn't had breakfast or lunch so I didn't worry too much about eating dinner at 4 p.m.

(Though some days, I'm thisclose to being a senior citizen.)

All that aside, they were good. And I have ribs on hand for breakfast!

They're super simple to make.

1. Take 'em out of the freezer. Unwrap them.

2. Plop 'em on a pan.

3. Hit 'em with a bit of garlic salt.

4. Stick 'em in a preheated 325° oven for three hours. (Note: My butcher sells pretty meaty ribs, hence the three hours. If your ribs are a bit more spare, you won't have to bake them as long.) Flip 'em over a few times.

5. At the 2 1/2-hour mark, sauce the bottoms. Stick 'em back in the oven for 15 minutes. Then, flip 'em over and sauce the tops. Stick 'em back in the oven for 15 minutes.

6. You can slice them apart but after three hours, they'll be falling off the bone so you can also be rustic and just pull 'em apart.

I tried this sauce for the first time today. It doesn't have any scary ingredients in it and it's delish! Well done, Two Fat Guys!

1 Comments:

Blogger dstoutholcomb said...

yum!

10:53 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home