Saturday, September 22, 2012

Ode To Fall ...

I do not call it autumn. "Autumn" is formal. And I am the furthest thing from formal.

Which is why I love fall.

There is nothing formal about fall. Fall is sweaters and jeans, maybe a scarf. Fall is pumpkins and leaves and the world winding down for winter. My part of the world, anyway. Fall is simmering stew and baking bread and red wine and candlelight as the days grow shorter. Books and blankets and fireplace embers. Seriously, what's not to love?

I would live most of my life in fall if I could, if the earth would cooperate and segment itself into seasons. I would move to fall and rarely leave.

Let me know if you need me to come over and rake leaves with you. I'll be happy to help. Afterward, we can drink warm cider. I'll bring scones.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home