Saturday, September 29, 2012

A Day For Simmering ...

It is not the fallest of fall days, but I was in the mood to slice and dice and simmer.

So I took myself on a walk to the store to pick up what I needed for chili and returned home and set about slicing and dicing and sautéing and browning and simmering and then simmering some more.

During the first simmer, I ran a few errands – the bank, the post office, the gas station, Redbox – and when I returned home, I exited my car and laughed.

I could smell garlic in my driveway.

The recipe that I use as a general guide more than a recipe calls for two cloves of garlic.

Two.

That is ridiculous.

The Beth Conversion for two cloves = one head.

And I just tried a bit to see how my tinkerings turned out and it's not garlicky at all.

Next time, maybe I'll add two. Heads, that is. We'll see.

Regardless, it was a fine task on a sunny, late-September day.

And tonight, I shall have Chinese food. This shall get portioned and stashed in the freezer to allow its flavors to meld.

2 Comments:

Blogger Alison said...

That looks delish. Is that a Le Creuset dutch oven you're using? It's handsome, whatever it is.

11:42 PM  
Blogger Beth said...

:o ) Indeed it is. I had to go for red when I got him but now I covet many other colors. Still, one can't justify owning too much Le Creuset.

11:44 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home