Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Maybe Because I'm A Water Sign ...

I've always been drawn to colors in this family: green-blue, blue-green, peacock blue, teal.

When I was younger and graduated from chunky to regular crayons and was allowed to choose a box with more than 8 colors, I fell in love with blue-green and green-blue.

And while I grew up to favor decidedly more green hues – and wished for green eyes and now have them; don't ask me how that happened – my love of this color has started tapping me on the shoulder again.

I've been looking for art with this color in it for my living room. I thought about buying a canvas and a couple of tubes of paint and creating something myself, but then a) I saw an actual price tag on a pre-primed canvas in the size that I wanted and reconsidered my plan because b) I am not a painter. Walls? Yes. Art? No.

I once spied a faux-leather accent chair in peacock blue, but I thought that might be a bit too much of a commitment for my first foray into decorating with that color.

And then, last week, I saw this guy in an antique store. (The picture is a bit grainy because of the low light, but the low light better captures his color, though this still isn't exact.) I thought about buying him, but then thought about where I'd put him and I worked my way around to practicality and left him on the shelf.

But I kept thinking about him. And today, I decided to return to see if I still loved him.

And I did.

And he was 20% off.

So I brought him home.

I'm still not sure what I'll do with him or exactly where he'll go.

But this room already feels a little better with him in it. Livelier without being too lively. I am not the lively room type. My rooms like to be a bit subdued. But he's a welcome friend.

Now I need to find a few other pieces to keep him company.

2 Comments:

Blogger Alison said...

That's beautiful. The color and the design, of course.

10:10 PM  
Blogger Beth said...

Thanks. I think so, too.

And, on sale! Yay, on sale!

10:23 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home