Saturday, June 09, 2012

Remembered Treasure ...


I bought this so long ago, I have no recollection of when I bought it. I mean, I remember buying it, but I don't remember how long ago. A long time, though. Perhaps before I moved into this house.

But this afternoon, my brain remembered it, remembered that I had stashed it in the linen closet, so I went looking, and yup, there it was, still bubble-wrapped. And well-taped.

I snipped through the tape and unwrapped it. And then noted that it was grimy inside. I presume I had planned to wash it.

So I did that, giving the inside a once-over with a Q-tip, and dried it with a tissue, and smiled, remembering that when I found it, I figured it was once used to hold lipsticks, but I thought I would find test tubes and pop in flowers instead.

I still might. It's not useful for much else. (Is it? Do you have ideas?) But I love the "fancy" ladies and the "That Girl" ladies and its hint of pinkness and its "Made in Italy" stamp.

I try not to buy stuff for buying-stuff's sake, but I couldn't let something so kitschy stay left behind. Even if I did then let it languish in my closet.

But it's freed now.

4 Comments:

Blogger janetld said...

I like your find here - cool!

And cool blog. Looks like you've found your writer voice! (I was a writer/editor for a living too.) Good luck with the singing dreams too - and the baking dreams!

3:30 PM  
Blogger Beth said...

Well, thanks! And I appreciate the luck!

3:37 PM  
Blogger angelo said...

Well, this is just all sorts of awesomeness. Soooo many uses and what a great find!

1:55 PM  
Blogger Beth said...

Feel free to share the "sooooo many uses," designer friend. I've still done nothing with it.

3:54 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home