Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Color Quest ...

It all started here.

Which was pinned from here.

Which was taken from here.

I was so smitten with the chairs – I have this obsession with peacock blue, and don't ask me where it came from, because I have no idea – I didn't really notice the wall color until Angelo mentioned that it, too, is pretty swell.

Oh, is it!

I started poking around Benjamin Moore's site (it's the only paint I use) and found this swatch and it looked pretty similar to the inspiration, but who can tell, what with monitor calibrations and all?

So, today, I stopped by the paint store to nab a couple of chips. And I cut out the color I needed and taped them together (to judge the color from a small square not a smaller rectangle) and looked at that chip in relation to the chip of the color in the adjacent room, and you know what?

I really like how they relate to each other.

This photograph doesn't capture the colors exactly, but the Providence Olive swatch on Benjamin Moore's site looks very, very beige. Then again, Providence Olive on the wall in my TV room looks much more green than this, which pleases me.

So, Jack Pine may have to become the color of my office. Just as soon as I get moldings installed to give me a point up to which to paint. My office has a high, angled ceiling. There's no logical place at which to stop painting. Unless I paint the ceiling as well. Which might not be such a bad idea.

2 Comments:

Blogger angelo said...

Jack Pine sounds perfect. Love it. It will be the main character in that mystery novel I'm writing.--"If there was one thing that Jack Pine knew, it was how to color an office..."

7:00 AM  
Blogger Beth said...

I love it! I wonder if Jack Pine is related to Sam Spade ... . I hope so!

7:55 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home