Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Happy Anniversary ...

The other day, I looked up the date that I started this blog, all the way back in 2005.

Appropriately, that day was March 13. Thirteen is my favorite number. But I do believe it was just a coincidence.

Except that I don't believe in coincidence.

Anyway ... .

Seven years ago, I started blathering away in this space, thanks to my friend Jeff who said, "You need a blog, woman!"

Boy, did I.

I've met some really good people through this site. It's given me a space to jot my thoughts – some profound, most inane – and prompted me to write more than I otherwise would have, I'm sure.

Just for kicks, I looked up the seventh year of wedding anniversaries to see how it's observed with gifts. One of the traditional gifts for the 7th year? Wool.

Well, duh. That explains the 7-year itch, people. Who's the genius who thought of that?

The other traditional material is copper. That's nice. I like copper. Shiny copper and patinated copper. My mailbox looks like an old penny.

The modern version 7th-year anniversary gift is, oddly, desk sets.

Desk sets? Why desk sets?

Any of you married folk out there find yourself with the urge to spend a lot of time at your desk once your seventh anniversary rolled around?

Weird.

I like my desk just the way it is, thanks. Set-free.

So, here's to seven years. And however many more there are ahead.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home