Friday, March 16, 2012

Bald Move: The Update ...

Turns out, I am going not to have someone shave my head.

The reasons are several, the most important of which I don't feel at liberty to share.

But I know that everyone who contributed to my early efforts to raise funds in Donna's memory would have been happy to have contributed because she was an extraordinary little girl and because St. Baldrick's is an extraordinary organization. (If you've not yet met her photograph, this is Donna, our inspiration.)

So, thank you to all of you who contributed so generously. And to those who may be reading about this for the first time, the event is March 24th and Donna's Mama and Daddy and all those involved in this event have blown by the original goal of $20,000 ... by more than $30,000!

Right this minute, the total raised on behalf of Donna stands at $50,137!

The new goal is $55,000. But I see no reason why that can't be surpassed as well.

This is the link to the St. Baldrick's page for Donna's Good Things for those who would like to do their part to put an end to pediatric cancers.

And while I shan't be submitting to a shearing, I have another Good Thing in the works. Stay tuned.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Dave said...

We prefer you with hair, I'm sure.

And yes, we would have contributed anyway.

Congrats in helping contribute to that amazing sum.

1:43 PM  
Blogger Beth said...

Thank you, friend, for your understanding and generosity.

1:50 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home