Friday, December 09, 2011

Holiday Color ...


I do OK with plants. I can keep 'em around – and alive, even – for years on end.

But poinsettias are my plant nemesis. Every year, I kill those suckers. I don't mean to. It's not malice. I just can't seem to keep them alive.

Last night, though, I arrived home to find this guy on my kitchen counter. And before I got too close a look at it, I thought, "Is it dying already?", as if perhaps just residing in my house is enough to start these poor plants on their road to demise.

But no! It has ruffly leaves! I've never seen such a thing! Neither had my mom, which is why she felt the need to buy them. (She has one, too.)

The red is really much darker and richer, but my camera didn't want to cooperate this morning.

It's not a big plant. It's not entirely wee, but it's small as poinsettias go. A toddler poinsettia, if you will.

It's a lovely bit of holiday color.

Let's see how long I can keep it around.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home