Sunday, December 04, 2011

Good Times, The Year In Review ...

In November last year, Angelo asked me if I'd like to contribute to his blog, which was very kind, and we hatched a plan. We'd begin in January, after the holiday hubbub, and I could submit posts as frequently or infrequently as I'd like, about any kind of baked good.

My brain settled on cookies, as they're kind of my thing, and monthly, as that felt like a good frequency.

We did indeed hit the ground running in January, and this morning, he posted December's cookie. A year's worth of cookies, done.

Thirteen cookies, which I love, as 13 is my favorite number. I created two cookies for May, hence why a year's worth of cookies does not add up to 12.

In 2012, the cookies may continue. Or I may take on yeast. Many folks think making bread – and all its yeast-risen friends – are too difficult for them to even attempt. But that's simply not true. I learned how to make bread when I was 8. And here's the big secret to yeast doughs: so long as you don't kill the yeast, you really can't screw anything up.

But I'm getting ahead of myself.

For fun, I thought I'd compile all of the cookies from this year-long escapade into one post.

Angelo is an oh-so-gracious host and I'm happy to bake for someone who has such a deep fondness for the magic that happens when flour and sugar combine. He's my fellow kitchen alchemist.

January

Shortbread Ottomans

February

Componentized Chocolate Chips

March

Liz Lemon Cookies

April

Walnut Cheese Cookies

May



Dark Chocolate Espresso Biscotti and Sablés

June

Sesame Cookies with Roditis Cream Cheese Dip

July

Parmesan Toffee Cookies

August

Drumstick Cookies

September

Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwich Cookies

October

Pecan Crispies with Pumpkin Bourbon Cream Cheese Dip

November

Bittersweet Baci

December

Almond Spice Drops

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home