Monday, November 21, 2011

Bald Move ...

I am going to have someone shave my head.

I am going to raise $100,000 for St. Baldrick's and when I do, I am going to have someone shave my head at the St. Baldrick's event to benefit Donna's Good Things.

Not "I am going to try to raise $100,000 ... ," I am going to raise $100,000 for St. Baldrick's to benefit Donna's Good Things.

How, you ask?

With your help. And the help of everyone you tell. And the help of everyone I know in the media who will help me spread the word.

This is Donna. This is Donna's Cancer Story, written by Donna's Mama, my amazing friend Sheila.

She and her husband, Jeremy, are two of the most extraordinary people I have the great privilege to know. Sheila and I went to high school together. We lost touch after graduation, but reconnected on Facebook in September 2009.

I was happy to hear from her. I was not prepared to learn that her daughter was in hospice.

On October 19, 2009, Donna died. She was 4.

I didn't have the chance to meet Donna, but she has changed my life.

As her parents wrote in her obituary, "Donna was singular."

She lived a large life in her short time here.

Her parents continue to parent her by doing good things in her name.

And I'm asking you to help me to help them do even more.

Share this post. Share the link to my St. Baldrick's page. Ask everyone you know to share it and contribute what they can, because $100,000 can accomplish a lot of good things.

My love and gratitude to you.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Dave said...

Beth - an amazing gesture.

See http://davetutin.typepad.com

11:17 AM  
Blogger Beth said...

Dave, an amazing gesture in response! Thank you!

11:18 AM  
Anonymous Cat said...

Amazing, amazing, amazing. Both you and beautiful Donna. I know you'll reach your goal. You can count on me for support!

11:21 AM  
Blogger Beth said...

Thank you, Cat!

11:23 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home