Sunday, October 09, 2011

Makes Beth Happy, October 9 ...

The Makes-Beth-Happy Word of the Day is:

Feud!
While the meaning of the word does not make me happy, the pronunciation of it surely does. Say it a few times. It's funny!


The Makes-Beth-Happy Recipe of the Day is:

Challah Knots

I have a desperate, unfortunate infatuation with white flour, especially in the form of risen breads. Also, I like saying "challah knot."


And the Makes-Beth-Happy Objet of the Day is:

Netto Table Lamp

I have a bit of a lamp fetish. And while I never really pondered if I had a favorite shape, I surely am drawn to circles these days. Also, yes, I like saying, "Netto."

A little aside for Lowe's: The "Nobody beats our prices. Nobody." shtick is bunk, my friends. I first saw this lamp on Amazon. The price today? $112.05. Your price today? $186.78. And my options to obtain it? Pick it up in a store or truck delivery for $59.

Let's see how that stacks up, shall we?

Amazon: $112.05 + Free Shipping = $112.05

Lowe's: $186.78 + $59 Truck Delivery = $245.78

Difference = $133.73

On the product alone, you charge $74.73 more than Amazon.

And, for what it's worth, every other retailer that stocks this lamp – as ascertained through Google Shopping – charges less than you, by at least $30 (and that's The Home Depot, your arch nemesis).

Bottom line?

Everybody beats your prices. Everybody.

4 Comments:

Blogger angelo said...

Ooooh. Challah Knots. Now I want them. They look incredible. Challllllaaaaaaaah!

6:39 AM  
Blogger Beth said...

Is that like Brando in "On The Waterfront"?

7:03 AM  
Blogger angelo said...

Exactly like that. I'm so glad you get it.

4:30 PM  
Blogger Beth said...

Oh, I'm a dork. That scene is from "A Streetcar Named Desire."

Let's watch it again, shall we? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S1A0p0F_iH8

And is it just me or does Stella look like a cross between Sally Brown [ http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sally_Brown ] and Frieda [ (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frieda_(Peanuts) ] from "Peanuts"?

4:42 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home