Monday, January 17, 2011

Happenings, Happenings Everywhere And Not A Word To Write ...

I feel like a poor host. How inhospitable of me to not have posted for so many days. Real posts, not a sentence or two.

I don't flatter myself. I know that no one is clamoring to read my latest insights on banality, but ever since I've started this blog – coming up on six years now – I've felt an obligation to keep it somewhat current. Having something new for folks to read when they stop by, I've said, is the equivalent of inviting people in for pie and coffee when they drop by my house.

Not that many people drop by my house. And really, I never have pie.

Cookies, though. I often have cookies. And those seem to suffice.

As for goings on, there are a few nifty things swirling about, and I don't think I'll jinx anything if I write about them, but it's just not the right time. I'd like things to be more fully formed first.

So, at the moment, I got bupkis.

I could tell you about all the pizza I ate this weekend. Or all the wine I drank. Or the fabric I did not buy because it turned out to be $49.99 a yard.

I could tell you about what I did instead of watching the Bears game, because the pace of football annoys me. How can the final moments of a game last for 20 minutes when there's one minute left to play?

I could tell you about how I want to rearrange the furniture in the living room because, yes, this loveseat has been against this wall for 10 years, which used to feel like the only place it could reside, but I've come to realize that I could float it in the room and the world would not tilt of its axis as a result.

I could tell you about the painting I received as barter for editing a screenplay and how much I love it but how I have no idea where to hang it nor what kind of frame I should put it in first.

But I won't.

Soon, though. Soon. Something will come to me.

4 Comments:

Blogger Tom Erdman said...

Hello from Belgium. I did notice the earth shifting a little when I was in flight this morning. Little did I realize you were the culprit.

11:28 AM  
Blogger Beth said...

Have some fries for me!

Yes, sorry about the earth shifting. I hope it didn't cause to much turbulence.

11:34 AM  
Blogger Tom Erdman said...

I just had some. Creme Brule is next.

And, as far as the shifting, not a big deal. We only missed the runway by a hundred feet or so.

1:35 PM  
Blogger Beth said...

I applaud your menu.

And kudos to your pilot for getting you down safely, despite the trouble I caused.

1:36 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home