Thursday, January 06, 2011

Coffee ...

Could I write about something more prosaic?

The weather, I suppose.

But the other day, making small talk about the holidays just passed, I mentioned that my brother and sister-in-law gave me a Keurig one-cup coffeemaker and that I realized one morning shortly thereafter that I can now make a cup of coffee while I'm waiting for a pot of coffee to brew.

And then I realized that I have instant coffee packets, so technically, I could make coffee while waiting for the Keurig to make coffee while waiting for the coffeemaker to make coffee.

Which now has me thinking that I should keep some coffee NIPS lying around so I can suck on coffee candy while making instant coffee while waiting for the Keurig while waiting for the pot.

I might have a slight problem.

6 Comments:

Blogger Tom Erdman said...

Now, do you take a coffee shower and dry yourself with coffee scented towels, brush your teeth with coffee flavored toothpaste, and have coffee scented Airwicks?

7:59 AM  
Anonymous Matthew M. F. Miller said...

HA! I of course am reading this as I make a Via in anticipation of my coffee maker to finish its job. We are one with coffee, Beth.

8:17 AM  
Blogger Beth said...

Tom, I have had the thought that I could put coffee in my hot water heater and take coffee showers. But my towels smell like Bounce.

And Matt, we are indeed! We must convene and partake! Tom, you're welcome to join us, but you'd have a bit of a drive.

9:44 AM  
Blogger Tom Erdman said...

I don't drink coffee. Oops! Wrong message for this crowd.

10:36 AM  
Blogger Beth said...

That's fascinating. Tea? Cocoa? Anything like that?

Because as my friend Dave once said, "We like something warm to drink in the morning."

11:21 AM  
Blogger Tom Erdman said...

Occasionally cocoa, but never in the morning. Mostly orange juice, milk, unsweetened lemonade or some other ade. If I drink something warm, it's usually before I go to sleep, just after I take out my teeth.

2:03 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home