Saturday, December 04, 2010

The First Real Snow ...

Last night, as I was making my way around the house, turning off lights before bed, I noticed the snow on my deck. Just a bit of snow. More than a dusting, but not too much.

With all the lights off, I looked through the window in my front door at the streetlight across the street. The snow was falling gently, cinema-like. Movie snow.

I said out loud, "I wonder how much snow we'll have in the morning." And then I crawled into bed, happy for my flannel sheets.

This morning, moments after waking, I said, "Let's see how much it snowed!" And threw off the covers, sat up, pulled on my socks, and headed for the front door.

It had snowed enough to make everything white. And it is snowing still.

I grabbed my camera and snapped a few shots out the dining-room window.

Early light, the first real snow.

1 Comments:

Blogger Tom Erdman said...

Hi Beth,
I drove through that snow to Naperville this morning, probably about the same time you took that picture.
I'm more alert in the cold and the snow has always been there in my life. I like them both.
Hope you had a chance to play in it today.
And, thanks for the birthday wishes.
Tom

11:30 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home