Thursday, December 23, 2010

Almost ...

It's nearly Christmas Eve, which is really the bigger of the two days in our family. Christmas Day is very low key. Christmas Eve is the big dance.

I'm nearly ready. I have a couple of things left to wrap. I'll bake during the day, bread to go with dinner, cookies to contribute to dessert.

My attempt at a relaxed run-up to Christmas has come off pretty well. Even without baking 14 kinds of cookies, there was still plenty to do.

But so far, so good.

Last night was Christmas, The Prequel, with a brother who will be traveling and spending the holidays elsewhere. And it was really lovely. The food was amazing (made even more so for the fact that I hadn't eaten since the night before), the fire was cheerful, the gifts were thoughtful, and there were a lot of laughs.

How fortunate am I to be able to do it all again tomorrow? Fortunate, indeed.

I hope this finds you well and happy as Christmas arrives at last. I love this time of year, when all the hubbub subsides and folks settle in to enjoy time with one another. And cookies.

2 Comments:

Blogger Tom Erdman said...

Hi Beth,

I'm thankful I've been able to connect with you, albeit in this weird box with white light and letters staring at me.

I look forward to your blogs, and am somewhat amazed at your stamina in writing. Keep it up. It makes at least one person happy.

The best to you and those you cherish this Christmas season.

Tom

5:16 PM  
Blogger Beth said...

Thank you, Tom. And likewise. I appreciate your thoughtful comments and encouragement.

There was a time when I posted something every day. That time, clearly, is not now.

But I hope to get back to it when I have more time in the new year.

And the very best to you and yours this Christmas season, too.

Beth

8:08 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home