Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Move To The Music ...

For those of you who don't already know, I do not like to clean.

Which isn't to say that my house is a sty. My house always looks pretty well put together, but when it comes to weekly dusting and vacuuming and such? Meh. I live alone. Who really cares? I don't. And I'm the only one here.

Every so often, I get on cleaning jags. I find them very distressing and I am grateful when they abate.

But for all those other moments when I need a little nudge, or, let's be honest, a very large shove toward getting going, music always helps.

And so my iTunes contains several "Housecleaning" playlists, though I suppose I could combine them all into one. But 20 songs or so time out to about as long as I will realistically be cleaning anything, so I've kept them discreet.

The other day, I fired up my latest list and thought, "Wow, this is a good compilation!" And so, in the spirit of motivation, I'm sharing it with you. Whether you need to clean the house or sort through files or whatever chores you find laborious, may these artists help the time move more swiftly. (Note: I recommend listening to them in order, both for flow from one song to the next, as well as for variations in tempo.)

1. Say Hey (I Love You) [feat. Cherine Anderson] – Michael Franti & Spearhead

2. Why I Am – Dave Matthews Band

3. Day Tripper – The Beatles

4. I Found You – Brian Ray

5. Dying Day – Brandi Carlile

6. Trying To Pull Myself Away – Glen Hansard

7. Who Loves You – Frankie Valli & The Four Seasons

8. Running On Empty – Jackson Browne

9. Shake It Up – The Cars

10. Funnyman – KT Tunstall

11. Lost! – Coldplay

12. Sing The Changes – The Fireman

13. Take Me Out – Franz Ferdinand

14. Let's Groove – Earth Wind & Fire

15. Energy Spent – Liam Finn

16. Fallen – Vib Gyor

17. Fireflies – Owl City

18. Love Me Like You – The Magic Numbers

19. Santo Domingo – Rodrigo y Gabriela

1 Comments:

Blogger Natalie Mikolajczak said...

thank you!! my house and I really need this.

9:48 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home