Friday, February 26, 2010

Cookies For Contributions! ...

Every year, I participate in the Susan G. Komen 3-Day for the Cure, a 60-mile walk over three days to raise money and awareness for breast cancer research. This year's event – in August ... in Chicago (translation: hot and humid) – will be my seventh.

I walk every year. And I will continue to walk until we find a cure.

This year, as part of my fundraising, I've launched Cookies for Contributions!

Make a contribution to my fundraising effort and I'll send a dozen cookies to you. Really. I made all of the cookies in the photos below. So what you see is literally what you'll get. Minus the props.

I want them to arrive in good shape, so I've selected options that will stack and ship well, as well as have broad appeal. Therefore, the choices are:

Snickerdoodles
A lovely cookie for those who like cinnamon. Crispy around the edges, slightly chewy in the center, all coated with cinnamon sugar.


Peanut Butter
A childhood favorite. The crisscross marks make me happy.


Shortbread
My favorite cookie. Cookie alchemy, really; three ingredients combine into cookie perfection.


When a contribution is made online, the 3-Day makes a note of the contributor's e-mail. So I can thank you, and you can reply with your choice!

2 Comments:

Blogger Jeff Hunter said...

Nothing like an offer like that to get people off their butt and donate.

My word: hairsey

12:55 PM  
Blogger 雪糕 said...

路過--你好嗎..很棒的BLOG.........................................

7:05 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home