Friday, January 08, 2010

Lacing Up ...

At the moment, thanks to two days of shoveling, walking from the couch to the kitchen is a bit of a chore.

Seven months from today, though, right about this time, I'll be at the closing ceremonies of the Chicago Susan G. Komen 3-Day for the Cure. There will not be snow on the ground.

But I will probably wish there were.

This year's event will be my seventh. To date, the generosity of my friends and family has contributed more than $15,000 to the fight against breast cancer. I truly cannot do this every year without you.

And so, fundraising is underway for this year's event.

And once again, your generosity will be very much appreciated.

I know that the economy has taken a toll on many and that financial circumstances may have changed. But contributions start at $5. And dollars add up quickly. How's this for a deal: I'll walk 60 miles in three days – in Chicago ... in August – if you'll skip one Starbucks between now and then and contribute that cash to the 3-Day. Ooh, or better yet, one Starbucks a month! Or whatever dollar amount is right for you, as they say on public television.

My account of last year's event is here if you'd like to know more about the goings-on.

I encourage everyone I know to participate in a 3-Day at least once. It's very truly a life-changing experience. If you'd like to participate in an event (the 2010 cities are listed here) and you have questions about anything at all – fundraising, training, the walk itself – I'm always happy to talk 3-Day shop. Just pop a question into the comments. Or check out the 3-Day's FAQ page.

Thanks, as ever, for your consideration. Together, we'll find a cure.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home