Sunday, December 13, 2009

'Up in the Air' ...

The short review: I went to see "Up In The Air." I do not understand all the hype. It's surely not a bad movie, but it was far from the transcendent experience I was set up to expect from all the raves I've been hearing.

Roger Ebert gave it four stars.

Four. Stars. From Roger Ebert. Who does not hand out four-star ratings often.

So, hype puts butts in the seats – the theater was all but sold out - but I don't foresee word of mouth helping this picture.

I'm shrugging. You could totally wait for the DVD.

Although, I will tell you that viewers are treated to a very nice, um, dorsal (hey, look at me remembering something from anatomy!) view of Vera Farmiga wearing only a necktie tied 'round her waist.

I covet Vera Farmiga's body.

And I love that Natalie character says (I may be paraphrasing slightly) that she always thought she'd end up with a guy with a single-syllable name, "... like Dave, who ideally would drive a 4Runner."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home