Saturday, December 12, 2009

The Twelve Days of Christmas (Decorations): Bowling Pin Soldier ...

I don't do a lot of decorating for Christmas. Some people transform their homes. I do not. I sprinkle a few decorations here and there and call it a day. I have two Christmas trees. Those are the most obvious signs of Christmas in my house. But most of the other things, really, could be left out all winter. Lots of snowmen, don'tcha know?

I bought Bowling Pin Soldier at a craft fair many years ago. I was taken with his cleverness. I'd never seen anyone transform a bowling pin into, well, anything before, but a soldier seemed especially clever.

He is heavy, made of wood, a bowling pin of yore, I like to think. Though it'd be kind of fun to paint all the bowling pins in use today with holiday themes.

(And for non-holiday bowling, the pins could be painted out in the images of ex-boyfriends [or ex-girlfriends, depending]. Think how satisfying it would be to set your exes up at the end of an alley and hurl a bowling ball at your bad break-ups.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home