Monday, August 17, 2009

'Cassandra's Dream' ...

Not only was this my least-favorite Woody Allen movie ever, it was one of my least-favorite movies, period.

Sure, there are worse movies in the world – "Cabin Boy" comes to mind, followed by "Surf Ninjas" – but I wasn't prepared for how much I would not like this movie.

The score by Philip Glass – which didn't really fit the film – is beautiful, but then I'm a big fan of Philip Glass.

Then again, I also used to be a big fan of Woody Allen. I hope I still am.

Excuse me while I pop in "Annie Hall" in an attempt to free my mind of "Cassandra's Dream."

2 Comments:

Blogger Random Esquire said...

Man, it was that bad?

You just saved me $10.

Annie Hall cracks me up.

-R.

11:31 PM  
Blogger Beth said...

Well, it's on DVD, so if you need to see for yourself, it won't cost you $10.

But yeah, it's bad. The acting seems stilted, the story isn't well developed and then it all just ... ends.

I was lying on the couch watching it and when it was over, I actually sat up and said, "That's it? You've got to be f*cking kidding me."

6:22 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home