Friday, July 31, 2009

'Your Heart Is As Black As Night' ...

Oh, baby.

I love this tune. It's sassy and vampy and film noir-y. It's the other track from Melody's second album that I was itching to try.

But Tuesday, before I headed off to the studio, I sang it a few times and thought, "Oh, I don't know if I can pull this one off."

And then a voice in my head said, in a somewhat exasperated tone, "Beth, you have to at least try."

I arrived at the studio and Brian imported the tune into his system as I said, "I don't know if I have the chops for this one."

Without skipping a beat, he said, "Oh, you have the chops."

So I headed into the booth and sang while he adjusted the levels.

When he was finished, we tried a take. And then I came out of the booth to listen to it.

I stood behind his chair and said, pleasantly surprised, "Huh!"

And he said, good-naturedly, "You don't get to be surprised anymore."

We left Melody in at the end, but when I return to the studio to tweak a few things, I'll record that bit, too.



And if you need it, the direct URL is here.

I'll also add this track to my post that hosts all my tunes to date.

2 Comments:

Blogger Doreen said...

Bravo!!!! Applause, Applause : )

10:51 PM  
Blogger Beth said...

Why, thank you! *curtsies*

11:54 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home