Wednesday, July 22, 2009

'Our Love Is Easy' ...

Do you know of Melody Gardot?

I love this woman's voice. If there is any musical justice in the world, she will soon be as popular as Diana Krall, though she should be more popular than Diana Krall because, vocally, she's more talented than Diana Krall.

There are at least two songs from Melody's first album that I'd like to record, and there are at least two from her current album that I'd like to record.

Of course, what I'd like to record and what I'm capable of recording are not always synonymous.

But Monday, Brian and I spent a couple of hours playing around in the studio and turned out a reasonable cover of Melody's "Our Love Is Easy" from her sophomore effort, "My One and Only Thrill."



And if you need it, the direct URL is here.

I'll also add this track to my post that hosts all my tunes to date.

8 Comments:

Blogger Rick Hamrick said...

Trust me, folks: this is worth a listen.

Great job, Beth!

2:51 PM  
Blogger Beth said...

You're a love, Rick. Thank you.

2:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very nicely done. -- Noel

6:59 PM  
Anonymous Constance said...

Oooo!

8:49 AM  
Anonymous Mikeachim said...

Luvverly.

The lady has a voice like Irish coffee (smooth, sweet, makes your brain fuzzy).

I say again, luvverly.

4:48 PM  
Blogger Beth said...

Many thanks, Noel and Constance.

And Mike, my voice makes your brain fuzzy? I take that as a compliment of the highest order. "Smooches"

4:52 PM  
Blogger JMH said...

I was not expecting to be quite so immobilized and transfixed. That's some talent you have.

8:06 PM  
Blogger Beth said...

"... immobilized ..."! Wow, I've never heard that one before. Thanks, J!

8:37 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home