Wednesday, July 08, 2009

'He's Just Not That Into You' ...

Oy.

How did this film attract so much top-tier talent?

No, wait. That's not the first question that bears asking.

The first question that bears asking is: Who thought that the book was adaptable into a movie?

Because, um, it wasn't.

I just described it to a Facebook friend as "annoying" and "contrived." That about sums it up. If ever there was a movie that could have wrapped itself up in 90 minutes, this is it. Yet somehow, it manages to be annoying and contrived for more than two hours.

3 Comments:

Blogger J. Marquis said...

I was amazed by the cast they put together but the reviews kept me away. Not that I go to a lot of chick flicks anyway...

4:37 PM  
Blogger Beth said...

But it was so original, J! A man who cheats, a man who doesn't want to commit, a girl who wants to get married, a girl who thinks she's happily married, a girl who's overly accommodating and willing to cut guys too much slack , a guy who's a player ...

Oy. All tied up with neat little bows. Gee, I wonder if the guy who doesn't want to commit ends up proposing?

4:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I actually saw part of this on the plane on the way home from Paris. Practically unwatchable!, I thought. Then there were a few things that caused a chuckle, so I thought perhaps I could put up with the absolutely pathetic and annoying Gigi to hear the stray funny bits. Tough, but when you are captive on a plane, you don't have much choice. Then we landed in Miami about halfway through it. Gee, I'm torn up inside wondering if Gigi ever becomes anything more than an annoying twit who doesn't understand pretty much any concept known to man! Thank goodness for the mercy of the Miami airport. How did this film exist?

7:51 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home