Friday, June 19, 2009

Moody ...

The morning light is moody, diffuse, as though the day has retreated under the covers.

I like damp, grey days. Perhaps not as many as we've been having of late, but in general, I like them.

I like the increased vibrancy of the greenery outside. My view is very verdant.

I like the motion of the trees and the way my curtains billow with the breeze.

I like the persistent sleepyheadedness that encourages me to set down my book and close my eyes.

And, for breakfast, I like the prospect of the toast made with the bread I baked yesterday, on a morning very much like today's.

2 Comments:

Blogger Mercurie said...

It rained again here today. In a way I am thankful--it was getting almost 100 degrees the past few days. Thankfully, the rain cooled things off...

6:27 PM  
Blogger JMH said...

Sorry I'm just other Chicago people.

10:50 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home