Tuesday, June 02, 2009

MENS ...

I'm grumpy.

I had a very vivid dream about a very real situation that's been gnawing at me, the resolution to which is bound to come soon in one form or another.

And then I had to get out of my warm, comfy bed to go for a walk on this cold, grey morning.

And I meant to go to the store yesterday, but I didn't, so that meant that I woke up in a household that contained only a couple tablespoons of ground coffee.

So I went to the store when I returned from my walk and now the coffee is done brewing, so hold on a moment, won't you, while I pour a cup and take a few sips in an attempt to become human.

Oh, that's better. I made it extra strong this morning. I'm pretty sure my eyes are even focusing better now.

But today's grumpiness stems not from getting up to go for a walk and not from a lack of caffeine, but from, I'm sorry to say, the stupidity of men.

Not all men, mind you. I won't paint an entire gender with my generalization brush.

But a couple of men.

One of the men has demonstrated very bad judgment in not cherishing a friend of mine and they broke up yesterday. Now, I am well aware that there are at least two sides to every story, but for all the men out there who complain that there are no good women out there, let me assure them that there are. And she is definitely one of them. She's smart, she's funny, she's beautiful, she has kick-ass taste in music, she's an amazing mom and an amazing friend.

She is rare. And the man she was with, who she thought was making her so happy, has just done his gender a great disservice because now she is taking herself off the market for the time being. So, any of you good guys who don't play all these stupid games? If you want to date her? Too bad. She's fed up. She has no interest in you right now.

Of course, Mr. Bad Judgment has done her a favor, really. In cutting her loose, he's allowing her to move one step closer to the man who will cherish her, and I've no doubt that she'll find that man someday.

Still, it'd be nice if she didn't have to wade through this post-breakup hurt and frustration.

And then there's the other guy, the guy who met me online, who told me, very clearly, how much he wanted to be in a relationship, who was eager, eager, eager to talk on the phone, who said he'd call but didn't, who offered excuses for why he didn't call, and who then realized he was dialing the wrong number anyway.

He eventually dialed the right number, and shortly into our conversation that was peppered with awkward pauses, I heard him clacking away on his computer. I told him that I was going to go, that I'd let him chat with whomever he was chatting with.

He apologized, and resumed talking to me. Until he started typing again.

I got off the phone. I didn't hang up on him, but I was very clear and very abrupt.

The phone rang a minute later. He told me he was no longer online.

We resumed talking for a few minutes, a very science-centric conversation, not what I normally chat about before going to bed. And then there was another pause.

And he told me he was watching something on The History Channel.

Dude.

Game over.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Traitor To His Sex - Because Someone Needs To Be said...

Game over indeed.

:(

And I can fully understand how Mr History just became it.

Men. *spits in disgust* Nothing but trouble, dearie.

1:50 PM  
Blogger Rick Hamrick said...

Assholes and idiots.

6:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Be glad you didn't waste too much time on him. He is a game player. Reminds me of someone with the initials D.R.

10:56 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home