Thursday, June 04, 2009

I Need Your Help ...

Hi, friends:

As you know, every year, I participate in the Breast Cancer 3-Day, a sixty-mile trek across three days to raise money and awareness.

It's a challenge, to be sure. But before we – me and about 2,000 other walkers (per city x 15 cities) – take our first steps, we have to raise the funds required to participate in the event.

Every walker must commit to raising at least $2,300.

In some ways, that's a small amount, compared to the many millions that are needed every year to fund research.

But in other ways, especially during economic times such as these, raising that amount is quite a feat.

This week, I met my minimum thanks to two very generous contributions from my friends Devereaux and Larry, and my mom and dad.

And while I always want to raise as much as I can, now that my minimum is met, now that my participation in the event is assured, I'm asking those who are planning to contribute to me to contribute to my friend Amy's fundraising effort instead.

Her fundraising has stalled – which is very common – but she's past the halfway point, so we need to build up a little momentum to get her to her goal.

Amy doesn't know that I'm asking this of you. It's a selfish request, really. I love walking with Amy, so I want to be sure that she's on the route with me this year.

And believe me, there's nothing like the feeling of checking your e-mail and learning that someone has contributed to your fundraising.

We're happy to walk – and walk and walk and walk – but we need your help before we can take the first step.

And so I ask this favor of you. Contribute to Amy's fundraising effort here.

We greatly appreciate it.

P.S. At the end of the route, we'll also appreciate if you'll meet us with a Thermos full of margaritas.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jeff Hunter said...

A very honorable thing to do. $50 on it's way to Amy.

12:01 PM  
Blogger Beth said...

Jeff, you rock!!!

Hell, I'll meet *you* with a Thermos full of margaritas!

12:03 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home