Thursday, April 23, 2009

Saddened ...

The Chicago Tribune made another round of cuts yesterday.

An astonishing level of talent and knowledge is being shoved down the stairs and out the door.

Fifty-three people lost their jobs in this latest round.

But this latest round of cuts was originally projected to be nearly 100.

So I fear that yesterday was simply an installment.

My heart goes out to my former colleagues who lost their jobs.

My heart also goes out to those who remain. It must be hard to go to work every day, wondering when your job might be the next to go.

1 Comments:

Blogger Mercurie said...

It is so sad. And it worries me. Along with the St. Louis Post-Dispatch, the Trib is my favourite paper. I do fear it will go the way of the Seattle Post-Intelligencer

8:21 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home