Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Perfect Timing ...

Today was not a good day.

Tonight was not a good night.

But a little while ago, I sat in the darkness, still, and focused on my breathing. And I began talking to myself, telling myself all the things I needed to hear today, reminding myself of all the things I tend to forget.

And then the phone rang. I got up to check the Caller ID and recognized the number: College Boyfriend David, who rarely calls because his life is more insane than any other person I know.

He was on his way home after a very, very long day at the college where he teaches and was calling because, in his mind, I would be the antidote to his too-taxing day.

I was happy to oblige him with a chat, but it was, in fact, him who was the antidote to my day of doldrums.

Or we were antidotes for each other.

Either way, it was very nice of the Universe to send him to me exactly when I needed to hear from one of my cheerleaders.

Note to Karen: Your e-mail was very well-timed today, too!

4 Comments:

Blogger Doreen said...

Glad to know I was not alone in my "this day sucks-a-tude". I was asked if I had actually retrieved information or was "speculating".

I am glad you are felling better ... I feel lingering resentment and may have to spend the day with ear phones on to stop the madness around me!!!

Here's to a better day (isn't that a Bruce or U2 song?)

Hugs ....

7:48 AM  
Blogger Beth said...

Thanks, doll.

Take your pick:

Waitin' on a Sunny Day ... (Bruce)

Beautiful Day ... (U2)

xo

8:01 AM  
Blogger Mercurie said...

I'm sorry to hear your day was bad. It makes me feel guilty that my Tuesday was actually a good one. I do hope your days have improved since then!

9:21 PM  
Blogger Beth said...

No need to feel guilty, Terry. I'm glad you had a good Tuesday. And yes, things have improved since then, thanks.

9:23 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home