Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Bittersweet (Chocolate) ...

I've had a hankerin' for chocolate chip cookies. Homemade chocolate chip cookies.

I can't remember the last time I made them, but it hasn't been weeks or months, it's been years.

So today, at the store, I made a detour into the baking aisle and recalled that Cook's Illustrated recommends Ghirardelli chocolate chips. But bittersweet or semi-sweet? On that point, I blanked.

But I'm all about dark chocolate. The dark chocolate I buy for noshing is 72% cacao, so I opted for the bittersweet chips, 60% cacao.

And once the butter I'd put on the counter was softened sufficiently, I mixed up a batch of dough.

Oh. My. God.

My days of Nestlé Toll House morsels are behind me.

Chocolate chip cookies made with Ghirardelli 60% cacao bittersweet chocolate chips are the only chocolate chip cookies from now on!

2 Comments:

Blogger Mercurie said...

Darn it, Beth, now you have me hungry...

9:34 PM  
Blogger Rick Hamrick said...

While I don't always have a bag handy (if I did, they'd be gone anyway), I love those Ghirardelli chips as accompaniment to reading.

7:40 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home