Wednesday, March 18, 2009

A Time To Splurge ...

So, while I was out running errands earlier, I popped into the dollar store to pick up 300 plastic-coated, multi-colored paperclips for, you guessed it, a dollar (because screw you, Office Depot, for charging seven bucks for a mondo container of more paperclips than I will use in this lifetime, and yes, I have to have the colored clips, not just the silver clips) and while I was there, I wandered around a bit, because the dollar store fascinates me. Some of the stuff seems like a bargain (when, in reality, we're all just used to getting screwed at other stores that mark up their wares even more than the dollar store) and other stuff makes me think, "Whoa! Don't you wanna spend a little more for something like that?"

To wit:


Now, I've never taken a pregnancy test. (I mean, what are the odds of another immaculate conception?) But if I had an inkling that I might be pregnant and I wanted to confirm my suspicion, I don't think my first impulse would be to head to the dollar store.

7 Comments:

Blogger J. Marquis said...

True. I also would advise against buying condoms at the dollar store.

8:22 PM  
Blogger Beth said...

Good point. Interestingly, I didn't see those there. Not that I was looking.

8:24 PM  
Blogger Mercurie said...

To expand on what J. said, I think if a guy buys condoms at the dollar store, then his girlfriend/wife/whatever better buy her pregnancy tests at something a lot more upscale!

9:18 PM  
Blogger David said...

Well... taking your point, Beth, I think I need condoms these days as much as you need the pregnancy test. If does exist a immaculate conception, then I'm like the holy spirit.

Regards!

9:27 PM  
Blogger Beth said...

Nice to hear from you, David. If a witness who doesn't wish to testify is a hostile witness, does that make us hostilely celibate? : o )

Always nice to welcome another David into the fold.

9:44 PM  
Anonymous Alison said...

I've seen pregnancy tests at the dollar store too, and also had a WTF? moment.

9:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

actually, the dollar store tests work VERY well....and when you are trying to have a baby, and spending $15 per test and sometimes test everyday...it gets expensive for anyone. It showed I was prego a week before my period was due with my son! :)

2:05 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home