Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Words By Which To Live ...

I watched Oprah this morning – watching Oprah has become part of my morning routine – and I said to myself, in relation to the discussion happening onscreen, "What I really want to do is help people."

Sure, I want to sing, and I will, but as I look for a job, I will let the spirit of service guide me.

I was pondering how I might do this as I was shoveling snow – the repetitive movements are like a manual mantra – and when I was done, I came inside and wrote this:

Of all the things
my creativity
enables me
to make, I am
most proud of
my ability to
make a difference.

That is my thought for the day. And every day from now, onward.

3 Comments:

Blogger Rick Hamrick said...

Beth--I am so enthused for you to have a passion you are pursuing!

My eldest daughter, now 22, has the same passion, and the same lack of results (that's not a discouraging circumstance, only the current one).

Just as I have advised my daughter, it is about a willingness to broaden your horizons. Your passion has more "open arms" breadth to it than you may realize.

It's there for you, Beth, and I'm rooting for you to find it.

2:51 PM  
Blogger J. Marquis said...

Very nice sentiment. Well said.

8:06 PM  
Blogger OneMan said...

Just remember

A) There are a host of ways to help people. They don't all require a change in what you do for a living.

B)I think you add more value to society then you give yourself credit for. In fact I know that...

11:27 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home