Friday, January 30, 2009

Chipmunk! ...

Yesterday, my cousin Patty forwarded a note from a friend of hers about her two-year-old son that read:

"Hyatt was yelling 'chipmunk chipmunk--he's a chipmunk!!!' at the TV and I ran in to see what was on and it was Blago."

Don't you love looking at the world through the eyes of a two-year-old? Blago = Chipmunk!

And I'm sure that I was thinking about that e-mail this morning when this poem popped into my head.

I did not write it about Blago all those years ago. And yet, it applies to him today, insofar as he is as unwelcome in Illinois politics as that chipmunk was unwelcome on my front stoop.

2 Comments:

Blogger J. Marquis said...

Geez, I hope I never see a chipmunk with that Blago hairdo!

7:05 PM  
Blogger Mercurie said...

Never thought about it, but he does look sort of chipmunkish.

Given that chipmunks and groundhogs are both rodents, does that mean that if Blago doesn't see his shadow tomorrow, spring will come early for the state of Illinois? hehehehe

1:47 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home