Wednesday, December 17, 2008

On The Importance of Friends (And Getting Enough Potassium) ...

I have amazing friends.

I have friends who lend a hand when I need help around the house.

I have friends who lend an ear when I need to vent about a bad day.

I have friends who lend a shoulder when I need one to lean on.

But most importantly, I have friends who dress up as giant bananas. Well, one friend. But really, when it comes to friends who dress up as potassium-rich fruit, how many does a girl need? Let me assure you, one fills the bill just fine.

How do I know that I have a friend who dresses up as a giant banana, you ask? Oh, I have proof. Photographic proof. Which arrived in the mail this morning. As part of a Christmas card.

Why does this friend dress up as a giant banana, you ask? Well, really, can you think of a reason not to? I'm pretty sure the Declaration of Independence assures us certain inalienable rights, including life, liberty, the pursuit of happiness, and access to giant fruit costumes. Our Founding Fathers had well-known affinities for hosiery and wigs and shoes with sensible heels. Surely fruit-dressing wasn't far behind. But hey, I don't judge.

Suffice it to say that the cute little guy in the photo below really likes bananas. And so does the baby.

I only hope that Mr. Banana bought that costume or that the costume shop uses a really good dry-cleaner. You'll note that the banana's not wearing any pants. I'm just sayin'.






















(Yes, I know it's a grainy photo, but it's a digital photo of a digital photo and the lighting wasn't good and I should have changed the setting on my camera but I didn't. Besides, I think a little anonymity in this case isn't a bad thing. You know, for the kid. And the wife. And the dog. And the tree.)

5 Comments:

Blogger Dave said...

Bananas are good for you. As are friends.

4:57 PM  
Blogger Anne Louise said...

These are the best kinds of friends, indeed. Dave posted the link to your site and I really got a kick out of it.
Anne B. (also hoping to make a living writing what I want to write)
yourfamilyviewer.com
whitehouserhapsody.com

7:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Grainy photo or not, the child looks rather scared.

9:28 PM  
Blogger Beth said...

Oh, I can assure you that he doesn't look scared in the version that's in better focus and hanging on my wall.

9:32 PM  
Anonymous Cannon said...

Cute kid. But if I saw Banana-Guy in a dark alley, I'd probably split.

8:17 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home