Friday, December 19, 2008

Ice Pics ...

This morning, I scampered out of bed (OK, I didn't actually scamper, but I did throw off the covers with a flourish) and looked outside expecting to see a fresh blanket of snow.

But instead of more snow, I saw less.

I padded into the dining room, opened the curtains on my big window, and my eyes were met with the most beautiful like-a-painting picture: all my trees coated in ice.

I went outside a little later to clear what I could (it's very satisfying to dislodge sheets of ice, turns out) and then returned indoors to retrieve my camera.

For those of you who think you miss winter, I offer a few snaps of today's wonderland. (My neighbor and I decided we should head inside when big limbs started crashing out of the tree in his neighbor's yard. Now is not a good time to be under trees. It is, however, the perfect time to have more coffee and post pictures.)











2 Comments:

Blogger Dave said...

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas - and the North Pole!

9:43 AM  
Blogger Lisa said...

You are right. Great time to take photos (am so glad you did) but not the best time to stand under a tree. :-)

2:42 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home