Monday, December 01, 2008

Beth's Christmas Trivia ...

I just received the Christmas version of a "Getting to know your friends" e-mail. I always fill out such e-mails and send them back. Why not? They're cute. But I don't send them to lots of new people nor do I expect the people who receive them from me to fill them out and send them back. But for anyone who'd like to send this version around to their friends, you can copy and paste the list below. Or copy and paste it into the comments and tell me about yourself. My answers are provided for your very much Christmas trivia enjoyment.


HERE IS THE CHRISTMAS VERSION OF GETTING TO KNOW YOUR FRIENDS

Okay, here's what you're supposed to do, and try not to be a SCROOGE!!! Just copy (not forward) this entire email and paste into a new e-mail that you can send. Change all the answers so that they apply to you . Then send this to a whole bunch of people you know, INCLUDING the person that sent it to you. ‘Tis the Season to be NICE!

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Wrapping paper. And an embarrassment of curling ribbon.

2. Real tree or Artificial? Artificial. I used to get a real tree every year until recently when dad was in the hospital in December and there was no way I was going to get around to cutting down a tree. But my artificial tree looks very real.

3. When do you put up the tree? The Friday after Thanksgiving. Though I always want to put it up earlier.

5. Do you like eggnog? Blech, no.

6. Favorite gift received as a child? If the home movies are to be believed, it was a panda bear with a radio inside. I danced around the living room like a maniac. But I remember loving my Sunshine Family, especially the little baby in the yellow onesie, which my brothers put on the Lionel train tracks and attempted to run it over with the train. The cowcatcher left a scorch mark on the butt of the little baby's onesie.

7. Hardest person to buy for? My father, hands down.

8. Easiest person to buy for? My mom.

9. Do you have a nativity scene? Two, actually, but only one gets put out.

10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Mail. Mail, mail, mail. E-mail? Come on.

11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? An 8-track tape. Of a band I'd never heard of. And I didn't own an 8-track player.

12. Favorite Christmas Movie? Tough one. I think I've gotta give the nod to "Rudolph." But "Elf" is a strong contender. And I love "The Snowman," the animated, scored film about the little boy who builds the snowman that comes to life. It's like watching a dream.

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? Ideally, November. This year, oops, it's already December and I haven't even started.

14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Nope, but I've recycled a birthday present.

15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Chip and dip. My mom used to make it for every Christmas Eve party. The dip is a heart attack in a bowl. We don't make it every year anymore, but when we do, I'm instantly transported back to my childhood.

16. Lights on the tree? White.

17. Favorite Christmas song? Anything by Andy Williams: The Holiday Season, Happy Holiday, It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year, etc.

18. Travel at Christmas or stay at home? Stay home!

19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer? Sure thing.

20. Angel on the tree top or a star? Neither. Both of my trees are topped with small wreaths that I made.

21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Both.

22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? Getting anywhere within a one-mile radius of the mall. It's the seventh spiral of hell.

23. What theme or color are you using on the tree? The tree in the living room is red (fake cranberry garland), silver (assorted metal snowflakes) and clear (icicles) with a few special ornaments even though they don't "match." The tree in the dining room is done in off-white, sage-y/olive green, and copper.

24. Favorite for Christmas dinner? Crown roast of pork and my mom's gloppy peas.

25. What do you want for Christmas this year? You know you're a grown up when your answer to this question is "for everyone to be healthy and happy." But if pressed, I can tick off a CD or DVD or two that I wouldn't mind finding under the tree.

26. Who is most likely to respond to this? Why is this question ever included in these lists?

27. Who is least likely to respond to this? See above.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home