Saturday, November 08, 2008

'Stardust' ...

I seem to remember that this movie was in theaters for about half a minute. It had been in my Netflix queue for months, buried toward the bottom of the list. But I moved it to the top recently and popped it in last night.

Now, maybe the cold medication I finally got around to buying had something to do with my viewing experience, or maybe the fact that I kept falling asleep had something to do with my viewing experience, but I have to say, of what I saw of this film, I really liked it.

Not enough to try watching it again from start to finish. Now now, anyway. But maybe someday. Michelle Pfeiffer was especially good, alternating between old and ugly and not-so-old and Michelle Pfeiffer-y. DeNiro didn't have much to do in this movie, other than lend his name to the poster. And I don't usually go in for fantasy-ish films, but this one was sweet.

1 Comments:

Blogger Mercurie said...

I really liked Stardust. But then I am big fan of Neil Gaiman, and the movie is fairly loyal to the novel.

6:22 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home