Tuesday, October 21, 2008

On This Day In Blog History IV ...

Two years ago today, I wrote about one of the best meals I've ever eaten. Maybe the best meal I've ever eaten. To date, anyway. I look forward to trying to top it.

Quoting: "The duck - and for the record, I've seldom eaten duck - was velvet. Velvet wrapped in silky, diaphanous fat, topped with perfectly crisped skin."

And last year, I wrote about seeing Annie Lennox.

Quoting: "It was an outstanding show. One of the best concerts I've ever been to. Even Greg Kot from the Chicago Tribune liked it, and he's a tough nut to crack."

Clearly, October 21 is a good day for me. October 21 is a "best of" day: one of the best meals of my life, one of the best concerts of my life. Let's hope history repeats itself again and this day contains another "best of" something.

1 Comments:

Blogger Mercurie said...

Last year on October 21 I wrote about the preponderance of Law And Order shows on TV. The year before that I reveiwed The Prestige. Today, I wrote nothing. House was on! House comes before blog entries...

9:42 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home