Thursday, October 09, 2008

Heart Disease, Now In Handy On-The-Go Nuggets! ...

Leafing through this morning's batch of junk mail, I spied a page of Arby's coupons. I don't eat Arby's, but I turned the page over and spied this:
















If you're wondering, "Is that fried macaroni and cheese?", let me assure you that it is.

That's right, kids, say "hello" to Arby's Mac & Cheezers. (Because who has time to worry about proper spelling when you're cramming your maw full of deep-fried fat?)

From the web site: "Your favorite childhood snack is back and better than ever. Creamy cheddar cheese and classic macaroni are battered and fried into golden brown triangles of flavor. Great for snacking when you're on the run or camped out watching cartoons on the family TV."

Atta boy, Arby's! That's some valuable advice: Hey, everybody! Eat this food product that's 41 percent fat while sitting on your bum in front of the TV! You're not engaging your body, so why engage your mind?

Sadly, this is not the first time I've written about deep-fried mac 'n' cheese.

Not surprisingly, my last exposure to this culinary atrocity was compliments of Paula Deen, every cardiologist's worst nightmare.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! How did we get to this place? This is just too gross!
I have to admit that this post did make me laugh though.

11:49 AM  
Blogger Dave said...

Out here in L.A., Jack in the Box has been selling a variation on this for months now. What's more, they are being marketed to kids, as if it's a healthy alternative to burgers or something. To me, this is tantamount to those pastrami burgers and prime rib burgers that Carl's Jr./Hardee's sells - waaaaay too much of a good thing. One or the other, but not both.

11:52 AM  
Blogger Jeff Hunter said...

Yeah, but Mac & Cheezers - 390 calories/18g fat vs. Curly Fries (Large) - 631 calories/37g fat. IF one had to choose, the Mac & Cheezers would be the better option health-wise. Of course, after you've just woofed down 547 calories in a large Roast Beef sandwich and another 300 in a Pepsie, I guess it doesn't matter anyway.

1:45 PM  
Blogger Mercurie said...

A friend and I today were just talking about how it is the unhealthiest food that is the least expensive. Granted, I don't have to worry about my weight (well, not the way most do--I've always wanted to gain weight), but I have to agree it would be good if healthy food was cheaper.

9:02 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home