Friday, October 03, 2008

Beth Kujawski: Freelancer/Contractor For Hire ...

Excuse me while I hang up my shingle.

I'm back in the freelance/contractor game. Wednesday afternoon, moments after I learned that my employment status was changing from "reliable paycheck" to "not-so-reliable paycheck," I sent out an e-mail blitz to word people and non-word people and former colleagues and friends, alerting them to my "for hire" status. But I also thought, "Hey, you have a blog that receives upward of 100 hits a day. You never know who's reading. Why not let the whole planet know that you're available to consider projects?"

So that's exactly what I'm doing.

Here's the Reader's Digest version of my employment history and skills:

Various editorial positions at the Chicago Sun-Times, Chicago magazine, the Chicago Tribune, and Thomson Newspapers. Several years of experience as an editor for IT consulting companies. Freelance contributor to the Tribune, Zap2It.com, and Content That Works, a syndicator of content to newspapers and web sites across North America. Experience in voiceovers and radio and public speaking. Obsessively attentive to detail: I proofread everything I see. And I'll mention again, for those who aren't regular readers of this blog, that I was one of the editors of The Last Lecture, by the late Randy Pausch and Jeff Zaslow.

So if you know of any projects that need a writer/editor/proofreader, please do post a comment or drop me a line. My e-mail address is available through my profile.

Many thanks.

Oh, and I bake the best brownies in the world. For that reason alone, you want to know me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home